So, you’ve read seen and read about our adventures in Deniliquin and are wondering where to stay with the family? Then look no further than the BIG 4 Holiday Park, seriously there is no shortage of river views or activities for the kids (and big kids) to enjoy!
If you haven’t heard about the usual offerings at BIG 4 parks that make them so popular with families, prepare to be surprised! It’s also no surprise to us that it has been awarded Gold at the Australian Tourism Awards for three years in a row!
Where is it located?
The park is located a short 5-minute (3.5km) drive from the Deniliquin town centre. If coming from Melbourne it’s a great 3.5-hour road trip, just north of the NSW border.
The park itself is a tranquil spot featuring loads of green grass, shady trees, and the best part – it’s set upon 400m of prime riverfront land!
Why BIG 4 is so great for families
Apart from all the space to let the kids run loose in the fresh country air, there are loads of activities to keep them occupied.
- Your choice of two swimming pools, with one of them being heated throughout winter. The other being a resort style solar heated pool featuring a kid’s beach.
- IT HAS A WATER PARK! Yes, seriously there’s a feature packed water park of fun. We imagine it may be hard to drag them away from this place once you’ve let them in! This features a waterslide and giant dumping bucket.
- There is a mini golf course! Definitely take this chance to have a little family tournament and see who can get the first hole-in-one.
- Pedal Go Karts are available for rent for them to race around the park, and rest assured there’s a super slow speed limit and everyone’s really respectful of the fact that families are around.
- A super huge covered Jumping Pillow. We have to admit; this looks so much fun that we wouldn’t be surprised if the adults were jumping on it just as much as the kids!
- An entire river to make use of! Cool off and go swimming, teach the kids how to fish, get up on waterskis, or for the perfect afternoon – hire the Pontoon boat and cruise down the river! There’s also an in-park boat ramp and jetty if you decide to bring your own boat!
- Tennis/basketball courts
- Movie nights
- Kids club during school holidays with a wide range of planned activities.
- And to top it off a kid’s playground and a giant chess set.
From Powered Camp Sites to Luxury Villas
The park has a wide range of self-contained fully appointed 1-3 bedroom cabins and villas. You’ll be spoilt for choice with the options of accommodation overlooking the river, pool or fantastic grounds. In the cabins you’ll find everything you need to have a great trip, with some even having their own BBQ. However, there are BBQ’s located around the park if yours doesn’t. We stayed in one of the riverfront villas and the view was to die for, it seriously felt like you were in the middle of the great outdoors, but in complete comfort.
If you’re more of a nomadic up and go family, there’s loads of powered site options available. Whether your brining a tent, caravan or motorhome there’s a spot for you. To make things super easy, all sites are grassed and equipped with power, water and sullage! You’ll also have the option of having an ensuite on site. These riverfront campsites are absolutely spectacular and you’ll get to experience pure relaxation!
To be honest, we had no idea what to expect when coming to Deniliquin, and we were more than surprised. In fact we wish we could have stayed for a few weeks rather than just a few days. It really was the perfect place to unwind in the great Aussie outdoors, with no shortage of things to keep us occupied. Our top tip here is make sure you get out on their pontoon boat and gently motor your way down the river enjoying a cold beverage and a platter!
To make a booking just click here!
Disclosure: This post was created in partnership with Big 4 Holiday Park Deniliquin in order to explore the Deniliquin Region. As always, all the reviews and opinions expressed are based on our personal view and experience.